Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tattoo Tuesday V.95


Name and blog name: Carly Kmyta, www.carlykmyta.com

Age: 22

Occupation: Blogger, Photographer, Tattoo Artists Wife / Appointment lady!

Age of first tattoo: 18

Favorite tattoo: All! For a million different reasons.


Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: Captains Tattoo - Spencer Kmyta

1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story about why you chose it, or maybe a special meaning?

I don't really know how I could pick just one tattoo. I really have a weird emotional attachment to each one for different reasons. My whole right arm especially. Just over 4 years ago, when I had first met Spencer, he was moving to England, where he was going to pursue his Tattoo Career. I guess he must have liked me or something, because he came back home, we moved in together. I knew he was terrified to do it, but I forced him to practice on my arm. My Darby tattoo was the first one he gave me. I love it. Darby is what everyone used to call my Gramma. She was one of my best friends, so I guess if I had to pick, it would be my favourite!



2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

I've got a Ship on my arm, a Gypsy lady, a Day of the Dead with a Mom banner, an Anchor.. on my right arm I have another Gypsy Lady, a Robin sitting on a Sherlock Holmes pipe in a frame for my best friend, a Birdie, a Butterfly, and a bunch of Roses and Peonies in progress. I have a kitty on my foot, my inner lip used to say Balls, and on my thigh I have a Snake wrapped around a Diamond.




3) Do you plan on getting more?

Yes! We are in the works of drawing up the prettiest chest piece :)

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos?

Well, my Mama loves them. My first tattoo ( my Day of the Dead skull with Mom banner - by Nigel Lucas ) was obviously for her. When I slowly started to fill up my arms, I think she panicked a little, but she got over it really quick.. and now her back is covered. I did hide my tattoos from my Gramma for a while. I was horrified she was going to beat my ass. When it finally leaked out, she loved them too. Well, who am I kidding. She did beat my ass, but whenever someone would tell her how horrible it was, she'd defend me.

I'd say it's about a 50/50 with negativity. I've been shopping before, completely covered up and people love me, but as soon as I take off my Jacket or sweater, people freeze up and are instantly rude. When I was shopping for my Wedding Dress, no one would help me. The ladies at the front desk stared at me. I think it really just depends. Chilliwack ( where I live ) isn't a big city. It's pretty small, and I'm pretty sure we have enough churches to go around. Spence and I were out grabbing crown molding for the shop when we were giving it a makeover, and an older lady walked past us on our way in, shook her head, stopped dead, started at us and said "that's absolutely disgusting!" But, the other half of the time, people love them. Sometimes a little bit too much. Old ladies in the hair salon loooove to hear about them...and touch them? hahaha.

My husband is my tattoo artist, and we run our shop together. He's pretty cute! We've been married just over 2 years.


 5) What's the most interesting experience you've ever had in regards to your tattoos?

Hmmmm� I don't really know. After my tattoo appointments I usually inhale a Big Xtra with cheese, large fries, chocolate shake and an apple pie?

6) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

I'd say, don't rush anything.. but just do it. Take your time and find an artist that has a similar style to what you're going for. Make sure you love it, it'll be there forever. I'd probably also say, don't get something tiny. I promise you, you'll probably hate it in a few months and wish it was bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment