Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tattoo Tuesday V.97


 Name and blog name: Kierstan Burke and I just have a tumblr.

Occupation: I work part time as a bartender and part time as a cake decorator.

Age of first tattoo: I was 16. My dad drove me to Idaho to get it. I really wish he would have just made me wait. All the tattoos I got before the age of 20 are all covered up at this point.

Favorite tattoo: I have 3 favorites! My wolf head on my thigh, my portrait of Clara Bow, and my best friend "avada kedavra" matching finger tattoo.

Featured tattoo/location: My wolf's head with a dagger! It's on my inner right thigh

Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: It was done by James Fanara at Boar's Head Tattoo in Spokane, WA.



Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story about why you chose it, or maybe a special meaning? 

I really was just in the right place at the right time. I had gone into the shop to drop off a scarf that I had borrowed from the wife of one of the artists. James had drawn up the wolf's head that day, and wanted to tattoo it badly. So I got it!


Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where? 

I have two tattoos in progress, my back piece, and my left sleeve. I have a panther on my back, and a my peacock on my left arm. I have my right arm basically finished minus some stars and dots on my upper arm. On my arm I have cupcakes, roses I ha, a grandfather clock, two owls, some sailor jerry flash as filler, a phillies p, and a cupcake themed sugar skull. Several on my left leg. they are a gypsy girl, golden snitch, Hedwig holding the sorting hat, Clara Bow portrait, avocado, roses, a tea cup, a tator tot, and a boar's head. On my right leg I have a pin up girl, my wolfs head, an elephant on my kneecap and a bearded lady. My knuckles say bake cake, a couple chest tattoos, a heart on my face, a toaster on my foot, and lastly an owl on my hip.



 
 

Do you plan on getting more?

I'm actually getting my hands done next week!


How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos? 

My dad loves them, however I am from a strict religious background, so most of my family do not approve. I live in a conservative town, so the biggest issue I have had since moving here is finding a job. I have people ask me all the time if I have gone to jail. But even with the downsides there are always the good. I do have a significant other. He is actually a tattoo artist, although he hasn't tattooed me! He has his entire torso/ribs/back done and two sleeves.
What's the most interesting experience you've ever had in regards to your tattoos? 

I had a woman last summer left the skirt of my dress above my waist to see my leg tattoos without asking. I was just standing in front of store on my phone.

Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet? 

Choose an artist wisely. There are so many scratcher shops around these days. Just be careful, and know that you get what you pay for. If you want to go to this shop because you can get a sleeve for $80 it will look like you got it for $80. But besides that, I love all my tattoos, and I would encourage anyone to get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment