Thursday, October 20, 2011

Best Beauty Tips Ever

Best Beauty Tips Ever
All of us have received our share of beauty advice from well-meaning "advisers." Much of it we politely dismiss, like the urgings of finicky hairstylists who insist we cut our hair according to "the latest style." Once in a blue moon, though, we're treated to a tidbit that winds up becoming an indispensable part of our daily routine. Here, experts share the beauty advice they got and never forgot.

Love your face the way it is -- and the way it will age. The women in my family embraced their "flaws" and became more and more beautiful as they got older. If all we do is focus on our imperfections, we'll never recognize our unique individual beauty. When you have a vision of yourself as you are rather than as you think you should be, you're at peace with yourself and can focus on your best features. As soon as I stopped saying "I look awful," I recognized that I could be beautiful. -- Laura Mercier, makeup artist and creator of Laura Mercier Cosmetics

Less is more. We live in such an excessive culture, but it is the simple, easy, practical things that are best when it comes to makeup, skin care and even fashion. I can't remember who told me that long ago, but I apply it to all areas of my life, particularly my skin care. My daily routine consists of cleansing morning and night, exfoliating once daily and moisturizing, all with my ayurvedic skin-care line, Sundari. (What I use: Sundari Gentle Gel Cleanser, $30, and Neem and Avocado Balancing Moisturizer, $52; sundari.com.) -- Christy Turlington, supermodel, author and a founder of Sundari skin care

Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. My mother wasn't really into beauty routines, but she encouraged me to eat the right foods -- and to always smother myself in sunscreen since I'm so fair-skinned. (This was sound advice since my skin isn't sun-damaged now.) She insisted I eat an apple a day, and I still do. A good diet ensures that your body is supplied with the necessary nutrients for health, and that shows in the look of your hair and skin. -- Antoinette Beenders, Aveda global style director

No comments:

Post a Comment