Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tattoo Tuesday V.93

 

Name and blog name: Carynn Eren, Honest To Blog
Age: 23
Occupation: Fashion Design student/Nanny
Age of first tattoo: 18
Favorite tattoo: I think my back piece is my favorite, although it is not yet finished.
Featured tattoo/location: Mermaid on left side
Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: Brent Vann @ Tattoo Revolution. Redlands, CA.


1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?
 
The meaning of this tattoo doesn't go much deeper than the fact that I just love it. I have always been drawn to water and fantasies, (Any other Pisces out there?) so this was a perfect representation of things that I love. Plus, it's completed... and a lot of my other tattoos are not. You know how it goes.


2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?
Yep!

 
 

3) Do you plan on getting more?

I do have a few planned out and a couple of ideas in the works. I definitely want to get a friendship tattoo with both of my best friends and a tattoo of the moon. Eventually when I have my own family I'm sure I will get something representative of that love, as well. However, I think most of my tattoos will stay in places that can be kept to myself if I choose. Sometimes it's fun to keep a secret.


4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? 

No one in my family was exactly rooting for me when I started getting tattooed but it has no effect on how they treat me. A couple of years ago I was eating brunch at the country club with my grandmother and she even asked me to show my tattoos to the waitress, as if she was proud. That was special. I haven't received many negative comments from strangers but I think that is because most of my big tattoos are rarely visible, and I also live in San Diego where tattoos are not uncommon. It's funny that some people think tattoos are always of offensive things. Mine are all of flowers, butterflies, and mystical creatures. OOoOOoohhh.. watch out! I'm gonna rob your house! People are often surprised to find out that I have a face tattoo as well. You didn't see it? Check out that beauty mark! You think I was born with that? Sike!

5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

When you're getting tattooed, especially anywhere on the torso, (where most of mine are,) remember to breathe. Breathe big, deep, yoga breaths. Breathing deeply will keep you way more relaxed and take the attention off of the pain. The first time I got my ribs tattooed I was nervous to breathe deeply because I thought I would mess up what the artist was doing. That's dumb. Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment